Friday, April 15, 2011

The Day That Nothing Goes Right Part 2-Worth and my Dream Job

Last time , I asked you what you would do if? It can happen to anyone. 

Here is what I am doing that is proactive while I still have a job.
I am looking  actively for another and I am asking what I made what I did before the nimrods in DC decided that I but not they earned too much.
Am I out of my mind? Maybe but if I am not for me, then who is? Something more expensive is always more desireable. I am not a charity though this last eight plus years , I have been nonprofit. That ended yesterday.

What are you worth? Not what they want to pay you, but what are you and your experiance worth?
Remember you are selling your presence , your experiance, your knowledge, and your time. Time is pieces of your life that you won't get back. Like any challenge on RuPaul's Drag race, I echo his last instructions for any challenge presented. "Don't %#@!! it up!"

I do have a dream job. As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist but you can see it in Three Days of the Condor. Its the one that Robert Redford had, analyzing novels for terrorist threats . Technically he worked for CIA ( which isn't of interest to me) but the idea of sitting all day and reading , not interacting with the general public is very appealing. I read everything and always have. I recommend this to start : http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/05/top-one-percent-201105

2 comments:

  1. I am also underemployed and at this point I am so fed up with the entire concept of jobs and work that I am not even looking for something 'better'. I will I am sure, but oh, the frustration at the moment has me at a standstill. Not a solution, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be too frustrated- I just put a resume out there - and while my dream job ( not the Robert Redford one) in the real world has not come through I did get 14 responses. It means 14 responses not all will be viable.

    ReplyDelete